Eliminating FTP: Securing File Transfers with Secure Shell for Encryption and Compliance

Webinar Registration

FTP remains a massive threat for businesses today. I'm amazed at how many companies use FTP over Internet for transferring information that is confidential and even subject to compliance requirements.

FTP is over 40 years old. It's childs play to steal files and confidential information travelling over FTP. Beyond that there are host of other ways to attack FTP. In this webinar I will review the vulnerabilities and risks of FTP but then I'll move on to how you can address these risks by replacing FTP with SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) delivered via Managed File Transfer (MFT).

SFTP is not FTP run over SSH but a new protocol designed from the ground up by the IETF. In fact SFTP is an extension of SSH. With SFTP you get to leverage the authentication and encryption provided by SSH.

SSH supports passwords but provides additional authentication options including SSH public/private key pairs that allow you to greatly increase the security of file transfer. There are plenty of security advantages in SSH and ways to harden and secure it. SSH also provides audit logging.

I'll explain how all of this works and explore your options for implementing SFTP to replace FTP. This is an important opportunity to improve your security and address compliance risks at a crucial point in your IT infrastructure. Ipswitch File Transfer is the sponsor for this event - you will get a chance to briefly see how on their on-premise and cloud managed file transfer solutions make it easy to use SFTP and other technologies to automate, secure and manage file transfer.

Don’t miss this real training for free ™ event. Please register now.

First Name:   
Last Name:   
Work Email:  
Phone:  
Job Title:  
Organization:  
Address:  
City:  
State:  
Zip/Postal Code:  
Employees:  

Your information will be shared with the sponsor.

By clicking "Submit", you're agreeing to our Privacy Policy and consenting to be contacted by us and the sponsor.

Additional Resources