Monitoring Active Directory Changes for Compliance: Top 32 Security Events IDs to Watch and What They Mean

Webinar Registration

When it comes to meeting and maintaining compliance with PCI, HIPAA, SOX, GLBA or other compliance regulations, I’m repeatedly asked “What are the most important event IDs to review for compliance?” The good news is that the list of events across all frameworks is largely the same. What differs is which low-level regulatory requirements map to each event ID. I’ve done that legwork and will share it in this real training for free ™ event.

For monitoring Active Directory to meet compliance requirements it’s really about monitoring change. (Monitoring authentication and logon events for compliance is another subject.) In this webinar, we will look at the 32 different events that indicate security significant change in your Active Directory. I’ll explain:

• How to make sure the event is logged
  • How to interpret the event correctly
  • How to avoid/recognize false positives or other “noise” related to the event

But then, I will map that event directly to specific requirements in the following frameworks

• PCI
  • SOX, by way of COBIT
  • HIPAA
  • GLBA
  • ISO 27001
  • FISMA: NIST 800-53

If we don't cover your compliance framework of choice, this webinar will still put you ahead because it identities the right events and you can follow the same mapping criteria.

SolarWinds is kindly sponsoring this webinar and we'll be using SolarWinds® Log & Event Manager (LEM) with help from Jamie Hynds to show you these events. Jamie will also briefly demonstrate LEM and its extensive compliance features.

Please join us for this real training for free ™ event. It will be technical and practical.

First Name:  
Last Name:  
Work Email:  
Phone:
Organization:
Zip/Postal Code:

Your information will be shared with the sponsor.

By clicking "Submit", you're agreeing to our Privacy Policy and consenting to be contacted by us and the sponsor.

Additional Resources