Beyond Root: Securing Privileged Access in Linux with Sudo

Webinar Registration

Like UNIX, at its core, Linux’s secure model is basically monolithic. You either have root access or you don't. But root access is too powerful for so many reasons. And routinely using the actual root account – while easy and still frighteningly common – is so dangerous it borders on negligent. Auditors know about root and what questions to ask. In fact some auditors already have their risk findings written up regarding root and privileged access before they even begin assessing your environment.

The good news is that there are a variety of things built on top if Linux to make privileged access more granular, more accountable, more auditable and overall more secure and in this webinar I'll show you how root access and least privilege management works in Linux. You will learn about how administrators can still do their work efficiently without logging on as root. I will show you how sudo work and how you can use sudo to:

• limit which commands users can execute
  • ensure accountability between admins
  • eliminate logons as root
  • create least privilege profiles that allow people to get their work down without sacrificing security

We will also discuss things like:

• How to monitor misuse of root access
  • How to protect root accounts and passwords
  • Controlling shell access
  • Auditing logons, commands and other activity

Join us for this technical and practical webinar. Then Paul Harper will briefly show how with BeyondTrust you can take privileged access control to the next level and implement true least privilege effortlessly across multiple systems from a central point of control. Don't miss this real training for free ™ event. Please register now.

First Name:   
Last Name:   
Work Email:  
Phone:  
Organization:  
State:  
Zip/Postal Code:  
Company size:
I'd like to schedule a personalized demo with a BeyondTrust rep for:
Industry:

Your information will be shared with the sponsor.

By clicking "Submit", you're agreeing to our Privacy Policy and consenting to be contacted by us and the sponsor.

Additional Resources