Success and failure audit coming together Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 4/11/2016 11:32:08 AM
Hi,

I receive both failure and success audit (4776) when a user log on:

The computer attempted to validate the credentials for an account. Authentication Package: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0 Logon Account: user@domain.local Source Workstation: \\SHO1ISE1 Error Code: 0xc0000064

then

The computer attempted to validate the credentials for an account. Authentication Package: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0 Logon Account: user@domain.local Source Workstation: \\SHO1ISE1 Error Code: 0x0

Do you have any ideas that can explain this?

Thanks

Sebastien
Post #7462
Posted 4/3/2018 7:57:14 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Moderators
Last Login: 11/14/2013 3:17:47 PM
What's the difference in time stamps if any? Have you tried different variations in domain and username format to see if the results are consistent? I'm wondering if it tries to authenticate locally first and then on the domain since the failure code represents "Username does not exist". I wouldn't worry about this too much if this isn't causing an issue. This seems to occur to others especially when applications are authenticating.
Post #7465
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:12am